Welcome Transfer Students

Western Governors University maintains great relations with community colleges throughout the United States. As a result, we offer generous transfer privileges for community college graduates.

As a graduate of an Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS) degree or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) from an institution that is recognized as nationally or regionally accredited by the U.S. Department of Education, you should transfer most of the lower-division general education requirements for a bachelor's degree.

Through our partnerships, WGU will award transfer credit from varying institutions. Please see our Transfer Pathways by clicking on the desired state, followed by the institution. From there you can click on the program-specific folder to access the Transfer Pathways for the program that you desire.

National Agreements